Best answer

How come Zapier uses the wrong timezone when using a zap?

• 15 May 2020
  • 2 replies

I have set my timezone in my profile correctly (UTC+2, “Europe/Amsterdam”).

I proceed to create a test zap for my application and enter a date into a datetime field, for example, “01-01-1992”. For some reason Zapier converts this date into the following datetime string:

“1992-01-01T00:00:00+01:00”

This is UTC+1, not UTC+2, meaning this would actually an hour earlier and thus the date becomes: “31-12-1991”.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or am I missing something here?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 22 June 2020, 15:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vitalyn! Timezones are tricky because there can be a few different factors at play. I’m going to escalate this to the Support Team so that they can take a closer look. I’ll be in touch via email to ask for a couple of extra details and you’ll be able to carry on the conversation with the team from there. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @vitalyn ,

Circling back with Support’s resolution from the initial post: it seems if you put in a plain date (without timestamp) into a Datetime field, the platform will convert that to a full timestamp in your time zone, before sending it to your integration via the bundle.inputData object.

Note that the conversion will use the time based on your time zone, and that particular date. If your integration only needs a date by itself, you'll want to parse that provided datetime field to remove the time component.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions- always happy to help!