Skip to main content

Hi!

Can Zapier create a new Salesforce Record from a Jotform submission, and attach the Signature picture as a Salesforce File on that newly created record?

Jotform says that the Signature picture is available via the API, but I don’t see how to access it in the Jotform Zapier connector.

The signature usually comes into Salesforce only via a URL field, (a link to a picture file on Jotform’s site). But we want the actual signature file attached to the Salesforce Record. 

Hi @luked_eh 

Which Jotform Zap trigger are you using? (screenshots)

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

Try adding this Zap action: Salesforce - Add File to Record

NOTE: You may have to adjust these settings in Jotform adjust to NOT require login to view uploaded files.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone! I don’t see a File as an available choice from the Jotform Submission Data in Zapier. 

I did uncheck those “require log-in” boxes. Do I need to refresh the data somehow now?

@luked_eh 

The Zap trigger should return a field named: File URL

@luked_eh 

Also, make sure to use the correct Jotform Zap trigger.

@Troy Tessalone I wonder if there is a difference between a regular Form Submission that is using the File Upload Widget and a a New Signed Document using the more robust Signature Widget?

The New Submission Trigger is what I tried and it doesn’t have a file available in the action.

I tried the New Signed Document, and I don’t think we have one of those created in Jotform. We’re using the simple signature widget and a file upload widget on a regular form. 

Is the File not available for use in Zapier then for a New Submission trigger?

@luked_eh 

Make sure to pull thru a Zap trigger example that you know has a value for the form widget.

Or you may need to try reaching out to Jotform Support for possible guidance about the different widgets and how those work with data being sent to Zapier.