Question

How can Zapier connect farmers with interested consumers for local produce?

• 22 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Dear community. I'm looking for a solution that might not be so complicated and wanted to ask if you think I can implement it with zapier.

we want to bring regional agricultural producers and consumers closer together to strengthen the circular economy. To do this, it would be helpful if interested buyers knew when and where which products are available fresh.

To summarize, I have the following in mind. The farmer uses a simple online form to announce which products he has available at what time and where and when they can be picked up or bought.

Zapier then compares the announced product with an extensive customer database and matches the offer with the customer's interests. if there is a match, the potential customer is informed via a message channel of their choice (whatsapp, email, sms, telegram, ....).

I would be very happy to receive messages.
Since this "Rural RSS Feed" is only in the test phase, development costs or even expensive app developments should be avoided for the time being, which is why I thought of zapier.

thanks, Lukas

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What a great idea @KoZu! 🙂

Did you have a specific form app in mind for this? If not you might want to try using Zapier Interfaces for this. You can see a list of all the supported form apps available here: Forms & Surveys

What app are you using to store the customers? And do you group or tag the customers in some way to indicate what interests they have? If so, perhaps you could use the ChatGPT app to help determine what interests the product matches up to - find out more about how to use ChatGPT in a Zap here. Then, the Zap could add it as a new email or text message campaign to be sent to customers that are on a list associated with that specific interest.

Not sure what sort of email or phone app you were planning on using but Mailchimp and SimpleTexting might be good ones to use for this. That said, you can see the full list of email and phone related apps currently available on Zapier here:

Do you think that sort of approach might work?