Best answer

How can you search for a cell using both the column AND row values? Or is there a different way to go about this?

• 12 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I am trying to take in a specific time and date (from a google calendar event ) and search for a cell value in a google sheet (in which rows = hours and columns = day of the week). I have spent so long formatting the data so that I know which row and column to search depending on the date given in the Google calendar event … Only to realize I cannot search for a specific date using both the row and columns (with search, you can do a custom search on columns but not for rows. With update, it’s the other way around). 

Basically, what I am asking is...Does anyone have the solution? I beg!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 November 2020, 18:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

GSheet - Lookup Row relies on data being in a flat file format, meaning one row per record, rather than in a matrix as you’ve described.

As an alternative you could achieve this by using a different GSheet tab that has a formula to lookup the INPUT from the Zap in the matrix tab and returns and OUTPUT in a different cell which the Zap can reference.

In essence, you’re creating a dynamic formula driven lookup.