Best answer

How can we create, read, and edit such associations in HubSpot via Zapier?

• 4 April 2024
  • 6 replies

V4 of HubSpot’s ‘Associations’ enables the association of two objects of the same type.  See https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/associations

Contact to contact associations are one example, for which the new associationTypeId is 449.

We are already using this type of association in our HubSpot records and we would like to be able to create, read and edit such associations in a Zap.

Is there a way to do this already?  If not, how soon might a way become available?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 April 2024, 11:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NoahFr 

Have you tried using this Zap action: HubSpot - Create Associations

Yes, I tried that, but it has the same problem. It doesn’t offer the option of associating one contact with another contact.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @NoahFr,

I’m jumping in to check in on you here.

Have you tried Troy’s suggestion by using the “Create Associations” action?

Hi @NoahFr 

Have you tried using this Zap action: HubSpot - Create Associations

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @NoahFr,

I’m so sorry if I missed your recent reply.

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this feature is not possible at the moment. Additionally, it looks like our Support Team added your vote to the open feature request to support the ability to associate Contact object to Contact object in HubSpot.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @NoahFr,

If you manually type in the word ‘contact’ for the times it doesn’t show up in the dropdown, it will work.

Note, you have to toggle over to the custom tab.

You’ll even notice the contact_to_contact association type becomes available. This workaround is much easier/faster than making an API request.

Best,
Ryan Schweighart
Whole Hart Impact, LLC
whimpact.co
I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier. 

Hi @NoahFr 

You can create workflows that leverage the v4 association API on Lutra. (Disclaimer: I work here).

Here is a demo video of how that is done: https://www.loom.com/share/cf35c162100142a79e381dd6d9bcc5ff

I would love to chat to understand the bigger picture problem you are trying to solve using the association v4 API :) Please DM me and we can set up a short 30min chat :)

Cheers!

Bo Zhi See