Question

How can I use Zapier to fill out a Formstack form I don't own triggered by monday.com status?

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to use Zapier to fill out a Formstack from that I don’t own? This is what I need to happen:

When a status in monday.com changes to something specific, I need Zapier to fill our a Formstack that is not mine. It’s a Formstack that someone else owns (created). I don’t have access to it except the website link.  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ewhittington 

Good question.

You would need to have access to the Monday account that owns the form.

Thank you for responding. I have access to the monday.com account that owns the form and has all of the information. I need that info to fill out a Formstack form that is basically just at a URL. (I didn’t create the original Formstack form so I don’t have backend access to it.) 

So, it’s going from monday.com to Formstack. I can’t seem to find very many resources for moving info in that direction. (Everything I find is Formstack to Monday.com which is the opposite I need). :-( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ewhittington, welcome to the Community! 

There is a Create Submission action for the Formstack app, but if you don’t have the access to the form in Formstack then it likely won’t work as it would want the login credentials for an account that owns/has access to the form when creating a submission for it. That said, I wonder if you could use a Webhooks by Zapier action to pre-fill and submit the form? 🤔

I did something similar with a Google Forms form a while back: 

So perhaps you could do something similar with Formstack. It looks like it’s possible to pre-fill fields with Formstack (see: Pre-Populate Form Fields) so the tricky part would be figuring out what the field names are. I’m not too familiar with Formstack but maybe you could inspect the HTML on the form page to see if the code for the form field contains the field labels you’d need to reference in the webhook. 

Do you think that approach might work?