Best answer

How can I use Zapier to consolidate my kids' school info from various platforms into one place?

• 10 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Single mom of two school kids. All of us adhd /adhd+autism.

Every week I’m flooded with school info such as homework, school schedule changes, upcoming tests, weekly plan, school activities, etc. Everything spread out on at least 3-4 different platforms/logins/email-lists.

Some info are in emails, som in attached .pdf, some in my kids OneNote-school-account, etc. 

I need a way to make Zapier gather info from all these places and put it together in ONE place where I then can (example):

open the .pdf with the math homework, see what activity my oldest and youngest have in this weeks PE class, click on the link that opens the introduction film on the new subject in physics class, etc, etc, etc…

It’s extremely hard for me to gather all this info every week, but both me and my kids need a super structured plan for school every week for our daily lives to work.

I found this amazing zapier tool, can’t afford to pay for the payed version, but hoping I can do this with the free version. Don’t even know where to start…

icon

Best answer by ken.a 11 September 2023, 08:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ZuperZebra,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing, but I'm glad you've found Zapier!

First, we need to identify all the sources where you receive school information:

• Emails
  • Attached PDFs in emails
  • OneNote

Next, decide where you want all this information to be consolidated. Here are some example apps:

For the sake of this example, let's assume you want to use Google Sheets as your central repository.

Example Zaps:

The free version of Zapier has some limitations. You can learn more about our Plans and Pricing here: https://zapier.com/pricing

• A maximum of 5 Zaps
  • A maximum of 100 tasks per month
  • Zaps run every 15 minutes

Additionally, I would like to share this amazing Community post by Danvers that might help on your workflow: 

Also, I recommend reaching out to our directory of certified Zapier Experts that can help you with building your Zap. You can reach them here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thank you sooo much for all the help, info, links, etc!

I think I’ll be able to at least get the most important things to work, I just need to learn how 😀 And I’m sure I’ll learn how to do this, by the help of this community! (Which I’m very grateful for)

This helped a lot! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome! Glad to hear I was able to help you out @ZuperZebra!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗