Best answer

How can I use a change in Jira Assignee as a trigger to create an Asana task via Zapier?

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I am trying to use Zapier to help with a Jira Cloud <> Asana integration. My goal is that if a Jira issue is assigned to a specific user, that Jira issue is then added to Asana as a task. However, when I create the trigger “Update issue” within Zapier, the only option I can see is to utilize a change in Status versus a change in Assignee.

How can I use an update in Jira Assignee as a trigger to create a new task in Asana/is this currently possible with Zapier? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 22 March 2024, 06:43

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @maiarock,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “Updated Issue” trigger only allows to trigger on statuses. However, we have an existing feature request for the “Updated Issue” trigger to allow users to set up the trigger and specify fields to trigger on.

I have added you to the feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Additionally, since the “Status” trigger isn’t a required field. You might be able to use a Filter By Zapier for the Zap to only continue if the Assignee field has been updated to a specific assignee. Here’s an example:

d64c95518616b1b48fee5fe779b0fa09.png
(view larger)

Also, you can use the +Or In the Filter step if there are multiple possible assignees.

You can learn more about Filter By Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276332557-Add-conditions-to-Zaps-with-filters

Hopefully, this helps!