Question

How can I update notes and statuses in Airtable when tickets are updated in Zendesk?

• 3 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone! 

So I have a zap that pulls certain tickets to Airtable with different kind of information. However there are a few things I’m still missing: 

1. Isn’t it possible to get internal notes from Zendesk tickets to show up in Airtable through a Zap? 
  2. When a ticket is moved from one Status to another (eg. On hold to Closed) in Zendesk I want this record to move in Airtable as well (eg. Open to Closed) - is that possible through a Zap?

Best

Christian

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @plyske 

Good questions.

For #1, that will depend on if the internal notes are an available data point on the returned data from Zendesk.

For #2, you can use these Zap action steps:

Action: Airtable - Find Record

Action: Airtable - Update Record (Map the record ID from the previous step)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy 

Thanks for your reply! 

So I’ve created a new Zap with the Trigger ‘New Action on ticket’ (In Zendesk). However that doesn't really give me a whole lot to work with? And most important I don’t see the Status of the ticket from these options? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@plyske 

Try adding another Zap step: Zendesk - Find Ticket

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @plyske ! Did Troy’s suggestion of adding the additional Zendesk Action “Find Ticket” pull the data you were hoping for, including the ticket status? 

Let us know! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Liz_Roberts 

Thanks for getting in touch! 

No, I still haven’t found the solution I’m looking for regarding updated status. 

I’ve made this Zap: 

But for some reason the Zap doesn’t fire when I update a ticket status? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @plyske!

The New Action on Ticket in Zendesk should trigger for status updates as well as notes being added:

Status

You could then create a filter for these, to only continue to the next step when it’s a change, the field name is status and then decide whether you want all status changes or just some.

Notes

For notes, you can filter on the ‘comment’ type and make sure that public is ‘false’.

Keep in mind that each Zap can only trigger on a single ticket in Zendesk, so you’re not able to watch for this across all of the tickets in Zendesk.