Best answer

How can I update a dropdown field in SugarCRM with a custom answer from Calendly?

• 23 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, when creating a case in Sugar based on a calendly event, I want to update a field in SugaCRM which has a dropdown menu options, but im using a custom answer. the custom answer match the options in the dropdown moue in sugar but when sending from Zapier, the field doest get updated and puts the first option of the dropdown menu always. Any recommendation?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 27 June 2023, 11:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Vmhernandezcarmona! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

I just want to make I’m tracking properly. It sounds like your current zap may be:

Trigger: - Calendly -- which Calendly trigger is being used?

Action: - SugarCRM (Update Record

It sounds like there may be custom fields in both apps and the correct custom field isn’t being selected in SugarCRM, is that right? Are you able to share screenshots of your trigger and action setup (with any personal details removed)? This can help the community troubleshoot with you. 🙂

Thanks in advance and looking forward to digging into this with you!

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

the trigger from Calendly is invitee created:

and in SugarCRM is Create a record:

the issue is when want to set a value for a specific field:

the value from Calendly exactly match one of the values from the dropdown menu in Sugar (Instalación, Des-instalación or Revisión), but at the end it is not set correctly in Sugar, for any reason the value is always Instalación, even for the other two options.

Here I show that I use a custom value, since  it depends on one selection from Calendly, but when I set it as custom in Sugar it doesn´t apply the real value from custom.

Is like only will apply the value from Sub Categoria Section:

I hope I can be more clear in the issue.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Vmhernandezcarmona,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I've taken a look at the screenshot you provided. It seems that the "Sub Categoria" field might not be accepting accent letters, as indicated in the data in the “Sub Categoria” field.

b97072d6f881a20c7a1f5c3011ad2ebe.png
(view larger)

Could we try a little test? When you're passing a value from Calendly, please make sure that the value doesn't include any accent letters. For instance, if you're trying to send "Instalación", please send it as "Instalacion" without any accent letters.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thanks,  that works just fine now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Vmhernandezcarmona,

Awesome! I’m glad it worked!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊