Best answer

How can I trigger my ServiceTitan to schedule an appointments after 5pm?

• 1 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I would like this zap to run every time an appointment is scheduled after 5 pm.  How would I put that information in this trigger?  Do I simply put 5 pm or do I need to add a date stamp too?

icon

Best answer by jesse 29 August 2022, 21:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @SMJ!

That’s a great question! With some apps you can just put the time but I think that ServiceTitan needs the full date and time here. 

I’ve been scratching my head on this and I can’t think of a way to set up the trigger so that it will only trigger on services booked after 5pm on any day. That doesn’t mean that this isn’t possible with Zapier! If I were setting this up, I would leave the time/date field blank so the Zap will trigger for any service booked and then use a Filter step later in the Zap. 

Let me know if you need more detail on how to set up the filter for the Zap, but if you do can you confirm that I’ve understood what the Zap needs to do: do you want the Zap to do certain things only if the date/time of the appointment is after 5pm on the day that the its booked? eg if the Zap triggers on a Tuesday and the service is booked for 5.30pm on that Tuesday? 

Yes, you understand what I want the Zap to do.  Here is how I have the Zap set up now.

Date Format first

Then Filter

I have to admit times do get me a bit confused.  To be more specific I need the Zap to run whenever an Arrival Window Start time is after 5 pm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SMJ 

It looks like you have the formatter! However, the from time stamp appears to be in UTC (has a Z at the end of it) and not US/Pacific. You would then want to pass the output from the formatter step into the filter step

https://zapier.com/help/create/format/modify-date-and-time-formats-in-zaps 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @SMJ! Just checking in here. Were you able to try the suggestion above to get things working? Let us know - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey folks! Just coming in here to close the loop on this thread and summarize some of the suggestions that will help get you to the next step if you’re building something similar and trying to limit when this particular Zap runs:

That’s a great question! With some apps you can just put the time but I think that ServiceTitan needs the full date and time here. 

I’ve been scratching my head on this and I can’t think of a way to set up the trigger so that it will only trigger on services booked after 5pm on any day. That doesn’t mean that this isn’t possible with Zapier! If I were setting this up, I would leave the time/date field blank so the Zap will trigger for any service booked and then use a Filter step later in the Zap. 

It looks like you have the formatter! However, the from time stamp appears to be in UTC (has a Z at the end of it) and not US/Pacific. You would then want to pass the output from the formatter step into the filter step

https://zapier.com/help/create/format/modify-date-and-time-formats-in-zaps