Best answer

How can I transfer information from HubSpot to Google Sheets for reporting?

Userlevel 1

Hello,I have some small problems to set up a ZAP, I am open to all ideas.

I would like to feed a report on Google sheet, so only numbers...From Hubspot, and every week get me the numbers (for example : new incoming contacts, those who have gone through some phases of the pipeline…)

I started my zap with a "Schedule by Zapier" running "every week" Then I log in to Hubspot, then I use "Get Deal in Hubspot", I then block in the configuration to turn them into numbers... and select the correct phase of the pipeline.

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 01:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Brunoleclerc!

Can I check I’ve understood what you’d like here? You want to create a report in Google Sheets that tells you how many new contacts, contacts at different stages there are, is that right? Are you thinking something like a sheet with columns for the different values and the rows would be the week, so each week a new row is added with the information from the previous week? Is that right? First of all, have you checked that Hubspot doesn’t have a dashboard that you can use? Or is there a specific reason that you need it in Google Sheets?

I can think of a way to tell you how many deals move into  a stage each week, but that wouldn’t tell you how many deals were in a stage, because it doesn’t account for deals that might level other stages. Would that work for you? Let me know and I can describe how you would do that :) If not, do any other users have an idea of how to use Zapier to get a list of all deals in all stages and turn that into a number that can be added to a sheet?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Brunoleclerc!

Can I check I’ve understood what you’d like here? You want to create a report in Google Sheets that tells you how many new contacts, contacts at different stages there are, is that right? Are you thinking something like a sheet with columns for the different values and the rows would be the week, so each week a new row is added with the information from the previous week? Is that right? First of all, have you checked that Hubspot doesn’t have a dashboard that you can use? Or is there a specific reason that you need it in Google Sheets?

I can think of a way to tell you how many deals move into  a stage each week, but that wouldn’t tell you how many deals were in a stage, because it doesn’t account for deals that might level other stages. Would that work for you? Let me know and I can describe how you would do that :) If not, do any other users have an idea of how to use Zapier to get a list of all deals in all stages and turn that into a number that can be added to a sheet?

That's right, I want to know the number of "new" transactions that enter a phase per week. And not what are there now.For example, I have a column in my pipeline of new contacts that I import every week. I would like to transfer this information to a google sheet for reporting. For example, if I import 12 contacts, the 12 appear in a specific cell of my google sheet and 2 days later I import 4 that it adds up with the 12 imported previously.In my cell, I would have the number 16.

Thanks !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Brunoleclerc! Thanks for clarifying that. This should be doable as Danvers mentioned!

A rough outline might be:

• Set up a Zap for each number that you want to add to the report.
    • Zap that triggers from New Deals
    • Zap that triggers when a deal enters stage x
    • Zap that triggers when a deal enters stage y, etc. 
  • For each step use the Increment Value action for Storage by Zapier, you can set this up so that each time the Zap is triggered, it increases the number at a particular storage key by 1 (ie. each time the Zap runs because a new deal is added, the number increases).
  • Set up a Zap that triggers once a week and fetches all of the values from Storage and adds them to your Google Sheet. If you want to reset the counters (so you always start at 0) you can add an action to remove the value/s from storage. 

Let us know if this helps!