Best answer

How can I transfer data from Outlook to be added to new rows in Google Sheets?

Userlevel 1

My ultimate goal is to have data from particular lead emails in my inbox (with identical subject lines) be added into new rows in a Google Sheet.

I think the best way to do this is to set up a Zap between Outlook and the Google Sheet with a Filter for the subject line in the middle.

The problem I’m running into is this… I cannot get the Outlook trigger to find appropriate Test Data. I have refreshed and reloaded. I have 10 new emails sitting at the top of my inbox that should easily come up in the sample Email A, Email B, etc test list. But the testing seems to be avoiding those emails and skipping to others for no apparent reason. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Additionally, once I have this aspect figured out (once the Test data is accurately reflecting the specific email with the subject that will make it through the filter), how do I code the data fields to pull and organize the info coming from the emails that make it through the filter? Each Email has clearly labeled “First Name: Sally Last Name: Smithers, etc” (all corresponding to labeled columns in the sheet) but the input option in the Zap field indicates Body Text generally.

Thank you for your help,

Lori

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 July 2022, 10:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LoriHasaQuestion!

It sounds like you have a couple of questions here, let’s take a look at the name one first.

Do you need the name of the person that sent the email? If so you, use the Sender Email Address Name

If the email is being sent from a different address (eg it’s being sent from an app that’s sending you a notification) and the name of person is only in the body of the email, you can pull that information out of the body text using an email parser (eg Email Parser by Zapier). That would need a different trigger for your Zap, so let me know if that’s the case so we know where we’re starting from!

Testing the trigger..

You mentioned that there are new emails that aren’t coming up in the test for the trigger, could I ask where those emails were sent from? Are they emails that you sent to yourself to test the information? Emails from an app, from another individual? And are they being sent to your inbox specifically, or a shared inbox? Those things can affect how the New email trigger works so if you can share some more details on that, it would be super helpful, thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers! I’m new to Zapier and so am not familiar with all of the ins and outs - I didn’t know about the Email Parser and was attempting to go directly from my inbox - big mistake! Everything’s working now - thank you so much for helping out! Zapier is making me look like a genius with my communications team and helping me automate so much :) 

Best,

Lori