Question

How can I sync WordPress users with an Excel sheet on Sharepoint?

• 11 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I am trying out Zapier for a specific purpose. I have a membership database on our WordPress website and I want to maintain an Excel spreadsheet on Sharepoint which synchronises with it. I can't find a template that is suitable. The purpose is that we need to be able to do bulk editing of the membership records, but the WordPress plugin we use, indeed WordPress in general, won't make that easy because we can only edit one record at a time. The Zapier wizard doesn’t make much sense to me, as I can’t use it to navigate to the file I want to sync.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Majikthyse 

If you are trying to do bi-directional data syncs between apps, make sure to review this…

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/does-zapier-support-two-way-syncing

Does Zapier support two-way syncing?

No. Zapier does not support two-way syncing between apps right now. Think of Zaps like one-way workflows.

In certain scenarios, you can fake two-way syncing by setting up two different Zaps that perform opposite actions. For instance, you could have one Zap that creates a new spreadsheet row for every new contact created and another that creates a new contact for every new spreadsheet row.

miscEye icon Note

Be careful not to create a Zap Loop. Learn how to avoid Zap loops.

Many thanks Troy, very helpful. It looks a bit complicated for a beginner like me. I think I shall have to come back to it when the system has matured a bit more.