Question

How can I sync Square Product Library with Webflow Products?

• 15 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Dear All,

Currently, I have to manage subsidiaries which uses Square mainly.
There are 2 Zaps I would like to create when new order is proceeded and when new item are registered in Square.
Once they get an order, or they import a new product, they manually change the number of Product or manually register Product on Webflow.
It is an extra work and duplicated inventory task so how can I make them?

New Order is Proceeded

1. Square
Event: New Order
2. Update Live Item in Webflow
Collection*: Products
Item*:
SKU Properties : Line Items Catalog Object Item Item Data Variations Item Variation Data Sku
Name*: 1. Line Items Catalog Object Item Item Data Name

I already check the another article, but I have no idea how to make it.
I am trying above but is this correct?
What is worse, only SKU ID matches for both and other values are all different.
Should I edit and match the value first?

New Item Registration
1. New Catalog Item in Square
Trigger: Item?
Test: How can I configure this part?

1. Update Item in Webflow 
    How can I configure Action??

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KanaJapan, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

Trigger: Item?
Test: How can I configure this part?

It looks as though you’ve correctly configured the New Catalog Item (Square) trigger step as you’ve been able to load a test record - nice work on that! 🙌

Update Item in Webflow 
How can I configure Action??

In order to add the item that was created in Square in Webflow as well I expect you’d need a Create Item (Webflow) action instead of an “Update Item” action which would be used to update existing items. To set up the Create Item action you’d need to map (select) the relevant fields from the Square trigger step. You can learn more about how to set up action steps here: Set up your Zap action

That would take care of adding the new products from Square into Webflow.

In order to update the inventory, based on the other Community post you shared a link to it seems to suggest that you’d need to use the following trigger and action steps:

• Trigger: New Order (Square)
  • Action: Update Item (Webflow)

However, as you’re wanting to update the inventory for multiple products this approach would likely also require the use of a “Find Item” action and a Looping by Zapier (in order to run a “Find Item” and Update Item action multiple items - once for each product ordered). The reason a “Find Item” action would be needed is to obtain the ID for the item to be updated, so that the Update Item action knows which item to update.

Unfortunately I can’t see any such “Find Item” action available for the Webflow app on Zapier. But I did find an existing feature request for one to be added so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises around when that might be added but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is! 

In the meantime, perhaps you could keep a record of all the WebFlow products and their IDs in Zapier Tables - like a lookup table. That would potentially allow you to have a database of the products and their corresponding ID numbers which you could then search using a Find Records (Output as Line Items) (Zapier Tables) action to obtain the ID relevant number that the Update Item action would need to reference in the Item field. See Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps to learn more about how to reference items by ID using the Custom value option.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions at all just let us know!