Question

How can I set the Deal owner ID if I have Company Owner?

• 22 February 2024
  • 5 replies

When a new subscription is made, we create a new deal in Hubspot. When that happens, I have the Hubspot Company Owner name from my external system (which is the same as the Deal owner name) but I am having trouble trying to find the Deal owner ID to send when I create a new deal.

The only way I can think of doing it is via a Lookup table but that would require manual data entry to keep that up to date. Is there a better solution?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @inFlow 

There are HubSpot “Find” steps that can be used to find the Internal ID. (e.g. search by name)

Then you can use this Zap action: HubSpot - Create Associations

hi @Troy Tessalone !

I didn’t see any HubSpot “Find” step to find the internal ID. I see “Get owner by email” and “Get owner by ID” but those don’t seem correct for my use case since I only have their Name at this point. Maybe I’m missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@inFlow 

HubSpot Zap app triggers/actions available: https://zapier.com/apps/hubspot/integrations#triggers-and-actions

@Troy Tessalone thanks, I saw those actions too but I didn’t find any that would return owner ID given the owner Name.

I only saw the Get Owner by Email and Get Owner by ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@inFlow 

There are these options to “Get Owner”, but you may have to use one of these actions to search by Owner Name.

• Custom Action
  • API Request