Best answer

How can I set an Airtable trigger only when data is updated?

• 28 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello all,

I use Zapier to connect Airtable with Postgres. In the course of this, whenever a row is changed in Airtable, I would like to update this data in my Postgres database accordingly. For this I need the following workflow:

"Trigger: Changes in Airtable; Action: Updates in Postgres".

The action is available in Zapier, but in Airtable I can only find the trigger that is triggered for new and updated data. This is difficult for my use case, as I have to insert a new row in my Postgres database for new data. Are there any workarounds?

icon

Best answer by anajana 30 October 2023, 15:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

You need to use the first one 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @anajana, welcome to the Community! 👋

Just wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Were you able to get it working by using the New or Updated Record (Airtable) trigger, as zaps master suggested?

That trigger would also still run for new records that are added so you may need to use a Filter by Zapier action to filter out new records so that only updated records will be added into PostgresSQL. You can find out more about how to set up Filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

If you give that a try and get stuck or have any questions at all just let us know. Happy to help further! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

thank you both for the help. :)

I finally got it working now, in that I connected the "New or Updated Record" to a search in my database. This way only existing records are updated.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

If you need any help please reachout. I can also provide you training about zaps 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news, @anajana! 🎉 I’m so pleased you were able to get it working.

And thanks for taking the time to follow up here to share how you solved this - we really appreciate it! 🤗