Skip to main content

Hi! I run a business that provides medical prescriptions online. Need help figuring out how to send work orders to the doctor after the customer has paid.

This is the desired flow (issue is with step 3):

1. Customer fills out order in *Typeform*
2. Typeform redirects to payment portal in *Squarespace with Stripe*
3. Once customer has paid for order --> Send Typeform info via Gmail to doctor

We have up until today checked that payments have been made manually, want to get rid of that tedious process. How do we enable step 3? That is - Send Typeform info to Gmail only when payment has been received from the customer in Stripe.

I'm aware we can accept credit card payments in Typeform, but unfortunately it's not an alternative since credit card was really low converting. Need other payment options.

Any answers or ideas on how to move forward would be much appreciated!!

Hi @Mrzap 

Try something like this setup…

Zap 1

1. Trigger: Typeform - New Entry
  2. Action: Airtable - Create Record

Zap 2

1. Trigger: Stripe - Checkout Session Completed
  2. Action: Airtable - Find Record
    1. You’ll need a common unique data point that is shared between Typeform and Stripe to be able to use as the lookup value
  3. Action: Airtable - Update Record
    1. Map the record ID from the previous step

Zap 3

1. Trigger: Airtable - New Record (in View)
    1. Views are segments of data with filters, sorting, grouping, show/hide fields, recorder fields
    2. The concept is to create a View with the desired filter conditions to know that a record has been paid
  2. Action: Gmail - Send Email

Hi @Mrzap,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hey @Troy Tessalone, thanks for the reply!! This is the set-up I had in mind, only using bigquery instead of airtable. What I’m struggling with is finding a common data point between Stripe and Typeform. What kind of data can I map between them?

@Mrzap 

Email address seems like a logical option.

Otherwise, you’d need to pass a query string variable from Typeform to Squarespace and onto Stripe.

Something like the Typeform Entry ID.

@Troy Tessalone Actually now scrapped Squarespace - using Stripe payment links directly. Any ideas on how to pass the Typeform entry ID onto Stripe? Not possible to use email adress since most customers order more than once.

Initial thought was to use link parameter in Stripe to pass the typeform submission token. However, typeform submission token isn’t created until after the form is submitted. In other words not possible to redirect to stripe payment link from typeform with the submission token in the link

@Mrzap 

You can set custom Metadata key/value pairs to set the Typeform ID in Stripe.

Sorry should’ve clarified that the typeform automatically redirects to the stripe payment link. If we were to generate a payment link it would need to be sent via email right? Would ideally like to avoid it to decreased drop off

So appreciate the help btw 🙏

@Mrzap 

Typeform help links for using Stripe: https://www.typeform.com/help/a/stripe-integration-troubleshooting-and-fa-qs-15212919734036/

Can I pass transaction IDs or other information over to Stripe?

Currently, it’s not possible to pass transaction IDs or other information to Stripe.