Question

How can I send an invoice from Xero when a Zoho form is updated?

• 27 September 2022
  • 10 replies

I am making a zap when someone fills in a form on zoho it will creat an invoice in xero.

this bit works.

i then created a zap so it then sends the invoice from xero

i need it to do it so when the form is updated (box ticked in the OG form entry) it then sends the invoice.

i cant get it to work

any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Tedius 

We need a bit more context here. For example, why is the sending invoice part not in the same zap as the creating invoice ? 

Tried that it didn’t work.

ami missing something in that part?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes , something is missing alright. Maybe if you share the current setup I can help you more

https://zapier.com/shared/5131ada8c64d69e9a9c08e34192d8d71b5c3d4a0

So any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Tedius 

You are using the Create Sales invoice in XERO, you then need to add another step which is Send Sales Invoice so that the invoice is sent as needed. 

Let me know if this works for you. 

Userlevel 1

As @MohSwellam has indicated here you will need two triggers. 

The first Trigger is the Zoho Form submission. 

The second Trigger would be a Zoho Form update.

The problem that you will run into here through is that Zapier doesn’t have a Zoho Form Trigger that is based on a Form Update. 

Perhaps there is another solution here if you can share some more details of what you’re trying to achieve. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Tedius! I wanted to check in and see how you’re getting along with this?

Keep us posted, we’d love to know! 

hi @rmwarner 

what i trying to do is;

1. client uses the zoho form. There username is auto generated in the form along with there email
  2. We go off do some stuff based on the data in the form
  3. we update the form
  4. then we want to send an invoice from xero based on the data in zoho
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Tedius!

As @rmwarner mentioned, the problem is that the Zapier Zoho Forms integration doesn’t have a trigger for an updated form, which means that you can’t send the invoice based on that. 

Perhaps there’s another way to trigger the Zap? For example, when you update the form do you get an email? Or when you update the form does it update in a CRM software? Let’s see if we can find another way to trigger that Zap!