Question

How can I send a reminder email to a unique list of recipients after 3 days using Zapier?

• 31 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi guys! 

Today I have a zap that collects all e-mails that sent information. A list of e-mails only.

I’d like to send, after 3 days a reminder to do sth. to all this e-mails in a cco fields, because the msg is the same. Btw the list of receivers should be unique, because the list a save, some e-mails are repeated.

List this

email_1@provider.com

email_1@provider.com

email_2

email_3

email_4

email_4

I´d like to send a the same msg to reminder to unique e-mails of last 3 days.

Tks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and happy new year to you @acaruso! 🎉

You could potentially handle this using a Delay by Zapier action and a Looping by Zapier action. The delay action could be set to pause the Zap from continuing for 3 days after it initially triggers. And a loop could be added to run through each email in the list, allowing the Zap send out the reminder messages to each email. If you’ve not used delays or loops in Zaps before you can find out more about them here:

If there’s often duplicated emails in the list then you may also want to look at using a Code by Zapier action to remove any duplicated email addresses from the list before passing it to the loop. I can’t give the exact code you’d need for that but we’ve got a helpful AI feature built into code actions that can help to generate the necessary code. See our Generate a Code step using AI (Beta) guide for more details.

Hope that helps to get you started. If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking to do or you run into any issues on that just let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Tks @SamB I´ve already used Delay function but the point is to send to a batch of unique list of e-mails. I’m gonna try to get using AI. 

I’m saving a list of emails in a Google Sheet, but I´d like to send only one e-mail to the group of address, eliminating the repetitions 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me, @acaruso. 🙂

You could potentially use a Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, output as Line Items) Google Sheets action to grab the list of email addresses from the Google Sheet. But I’m not seeing any actions available for the Microsoft Outlook app on Zapier that would create a contact group, so if there are duplicates in the list in Google Sheets then those would still come through to the Zap. In which case you’d either need to remove the duplicates from the Google Sheet before they are imported into the Zap, or use a Code action to remove the duplicates afterwards. 

That said, how big would a batches of email addresses be? If you’re planning on sending out to a large number of email addresses then may be better to manage the lists using an email app that’s designed to handle bulk email sends. Something like Mailchimp for example could work well as you could set up an automation on Mailchimp’s end that would automatically send out an email to folks that have a particular tag added for example. Then you’d use the Zap to add the relevant tag to the subscriber after 3 days had passed. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!