Best answer

How can I save PDF attachments of Outlook email to Google Drive

• 10 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to build a Zap with the following requirements

1. Microsoft Outlook - source
  2. Trigger - new email
  3. Loop through all the emails and extract File name and file (binary)
  4. Save all the PDF attachments to Google Drive
icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 April 2020, 15:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,

Try copying this: https://zapier.com/shared/2ba97a418ad021fd3a108f62b4095a22b535aa30

That should set you on the right path

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You might need to filter that to look only for pdf files though, if that’s your use case.

Userlevel 1

Basically, my main requirement is to iterate through the attachments of type PDF, get File Name and the file(binary) and save into any target app. (Google Drive being an example ). Can i achieve that by adding any intermediate step between Microsoft Outlook & Destination App (Like Google Drive) ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @awani! It sounds like the tricky part here is that there may be more than one attachment on the email, is that right? If that’s the case then this wont be possible with Microsoft outlook, sorry about that! 

If you’re able to have the emails sent to a Gmail address then you can use the trigger New Attachment, which triggers for every attachment on the email, rather than once for the whole email. 

You can then add a filter step in the Zap so that it will only continue if the attachment matches certain criteria (ie it’s a pdf) You can learn more about filters in this help doc.