Skip to main content
Question

How can I prepopulate Oneflow fields with data from multiple Zoho CRM modules?

• 21 June 2024
  • 7 replies

HI

First time posting on this and I’m not really technical - so bear with me!

Using Zapier for the first time and connecting Zoho CRM with ONeflow which is a contract/signing software.

I’ve managed to do the basic part which is essentially find the record I need from a trigger - that being when the opportunity/deal in ZOho CRM is updated to ‘ready to sign’ it will trigger the creation of a contract in Oneflow.

My challenge is that I want to prepopulate fields in Oneflow with information from Zoho CRM - however the information I need is in different modules (eg contacts and companies)  Does anyone know how I can grab data to fill out different fields in ONeflow by interrogating data from different modules in Zoho but using the same ‘trigger’.

Hope that makes sense to someone more intelligent than me

MIke

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MikeyC123456,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of your action steps that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

HI

Thanks for the response and hopefully I will be able to help with what you require.

Here is the screenshot I think you are requesting:-

Oneflow and Zoho CRM Zap

Here’s the action:-

The challenge I have is that I want to fill out multiple data fields on the Oneflow contract.

At the moment - the module it is looking at is the deals/opportunities module which contains some of the information but not all.  So as an example the opportunity is linked to a company - but that company address is not in the opportunity module but it is in the companies module.  Therefore I need to pull information from more than one module.  The only other alternative I can think is that I push all the information I need into the opportunity module which means a change to the module formats on Zoho.

Hope that makes sense

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MikeyC123456,

Thanks for the screenshots and additional information.

Are you trying to pull information from Zoho CRM is that correct? If so, you will need to add another “Find Module Entry” step. For example, if you’re looking for the company address that is linked to a company you will need to choose the “Company” option in the “Module” field of the “Find Module Entry” step. Like so:

5ccd04bc0042186074d18409947eb2f6.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps.

thanks - so assuming I just add that step after the first ‘find module entry?

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s correct @MikeyC123456.

Please let me know if my suggestion worked. 🤗

@ken.a - thanks for all your help.  I was struggling a little bit so I ended up adding the fields into the deals/opportunities module and it seemed to work.

I tested and was happy so published.

However what seems to happen now is that every time an opportunity is updated it is creating a contract.  Essentially it should only create a contract when an opportunity changes stage to ‘agreement to be sent’

I have set that up under the 2nd step.  My initial thought was to delete step 1 as its only step 2 required - but I don’t seem to be able to do that - could you advise?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MikeyC123456,

Thanks for the update here.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to delete the trigger step (step 1) of the Zap. However, you can consider adding a Filter step to the Zap to ensure that it only continues when a specific condition is met.

You can learn more about Filter by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276332557-Add-conditions-to-Zaps-with-filters

Hopefully, this helps!