Question

How can I post Slack messages for new Twitter mentions?

• 18 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m looking for a simple way to post a message in Slack each time we get a new mention on Twitter. Have the Twitter API changes affected the functioning of zaps like this? 

So far I’ve tried Black Magic - even got a subscription for testing - and the New Mention trigger is non-functioning. Any other integrations or ideas to try for this very simple automation? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hmarnold 

I saw that :( Does that mean there are no other apps that could take the place of a direct Twitter integration for a simple mentions automation? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear @hmarnold,

I believe Slack already has the solution to your situation, simply go to the left nav-bar, click on "more ...", in the ": Apps" you will
    find a large list of options for Slack integrations and plug-ins.. search for SocialPilot, then "Add-To-Slack".
    After the initial Authorizations and package selection, you will be able to automate a variety of Social Media Platforms to suite you business requirements. 

If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, feel free to reach out for more targeted support.

Best Regards,
Dillon Breytenbach
DashSquared Team
LinkedIn DashSquared 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @hmarnold,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Just spotted this and wanted to share some cool alternatives from our Twitter Integration FAQ page that you might find handy as well:

“Most of our social media integrations and social marketing integrations include solutions for creating new posts. For example:

Hopefully, this helps!