Question

How can I populate a Wix @table from a Google Sheets spreadsheet?

• 9 July 2023
  • 3 replies

1. Hello all wonderful helpers.

I am trying to figure out a basic issue I am having with trying to take a Google spreadsheet and fill a table in Wix.  I have so many questions and I have tried many different things.

I have a list of Deaths in a spreadsheet that includes: a picture, their name, their death date, their affiliation, and a link to the obit.

I am hoping to use the Google Sheets and allow trusted users to access it and update in turn it updates the website.

I have an account with Zapier, I gave permissions for Wix to accept Zapier and I tried to setup a trigger and proceed.

I am only guessing with what my trigger is, and I guess the next step is to add a Zap, but when I try to perform the action “Wix Automation” is grayed out.  So I must be doing something wrong.

Things I have tried.
    1. Embedding the URL for the Google Spreadsheet, but the format is horrible and has text that can’t be removed and you have to constantly adjust the table.

2. I tried Table Master which pulls the data from a Google Sheet (by link), but the images don’t show and the links don't’ work for the obits.

3. The Wix table relies on Content Manger, but that is a manual entry and I am trying to involve more people in the update by the Google spreadsheet, vs having access to Wix.

I am guessing the Zap works with Wix and its Content Manager to create something,

I am very new to Zappier, but see it as a useful tool  Any help would be extraordinary helpful.

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Branch192 PR,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Wix Automations integration doesn’t have any available action steps: https://zapier.com/apps/wix-automations/integrations

318253ef25dbc1603c4854bfdfba9ec5.png
(view larger)

Additionally, I looked into our feature request for Wix Automations, and I couldn’t find any related feature request for creating a table in Wix Automations. I suggest reaching out to our Support team so that they can create a feature request on your behalf. You can contact our Support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thank you @ken.a 

Darn, I swear when I Google searched it before, I got led to here and an example was given.

“Use Zapier to update Wix Automation using Google Spreadsheet”

I think the key words interpreted as “Use Wix Automation to update spreadsheet.”

Thank you for looking into that.  If I were to request that option to be put in place.  Is it something, you think, that might benefit the community?  Wouldn’t want the team to do all that work for just one project.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Branch192 PR,

The feature request would definitely be helpful to our other amazing Community members who might want the same feature since they can just reply to this post and we will add them to that feature request.

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform.

Hopefully, this clears everything up! 😊