Skip to main content

Azuee Devops supports the concept of Epic, Feature and PBI

Asana has the concept of Task, Sub-Task, Sub-Task

Whilst I can map Task to Epic, does someone have instructions on how I can map Sub-task to Feature and even better the child sub-task of sub-task to PBI

Asana                                                      Azure Devops

Task                                mapping to an  Epic

Sub-Task                        mapping to a     Feature

Sub-Task of a Sub-Task mapping to a     PBI

Hi @DavidCory, welcome to the Community! 😁

Does the existing Add Link to Work Item (DevOps) action allow you to link to a Feature or PBI? 

If not, perhaps you could try using a DevOps API Request (Beta) action for this. Looking at the Azure DevOps API documentation here it seems like it should be possible to create an external link which I’m assuming could be used to create a link between the sub-tasks in Asana and the Features and PBIs in Azure DevOps. This type of action is a lot more advanced and we don’t have any guides on how to set up the API request to Azure DevOps specifically, but we do have a more general guide that may be useful: Set up an API request action

And in the meantime, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team to put in a new feature request for the ability to add links to Features and PBIs in Azure DevOps. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking to do or you run into any trouble do let us know!