Skip to main content
Question

How can I make Zapier analyze the info inside of an email? (connecting Google Sheets to Gmail)

• 10 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone! Let me explain myself:

I want to create an automated database in Google Sheets that tracks lead entries. This is a simple integration, where the idea is to connect Gmail to a spreadsheet and create new rows with lead information such as name, email, and phone number. So far so good.

The problem is, when I set up the data that must be recognized to fill the spreadsheet, Zapier takes the direct data from the sender of the email, and not from the information that is inside the email (which is the information I want to collect).

Now, leads do not write directly to our email (it does not happen often) but fill out a form on the website, and then this form is automatically sent to Gmail. The lead data is inside the email.

The problem is that the data added to the spreadsheet is the one from the tool that sends the form to our email, and not the data of the lead itself, which is inside the email in a long paragraph mixed with additional information.

Plus, the email not only contains punctual information about the lead, but it also has a lot of other information, so I am interested in collecting specific data, and not all the information found there

I want to set up Zapier to collect specific data from inside the emails so that it is a way more personalized data collection. How can I do this?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Travelagency98 

Which form app is being used? (name)

How to do email parsing: