Question

How can I look for new files in a Google Drive folder and the subfolders within that folder?

• 17 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I want to set up a zap that is triggered when a new file is uploaded into a Google Drive folder and the subfolders within that folder. The action would be to send an email. 
The problem I am experiencing is that I can’t find an option for the trigger to look for new files in a folder and the subfolders within that specific subfolder.
The only options I am sing is to look into a folder but not the subfolders, also an option to look for any new files within my entire Google Drive.
If anyone has a solution to this I would really appreciate it.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @daylinrock 

Good question.

The Zap trigger for GDrive New File in Folder only works for the specified folder, not subfolders.

You may have to explore using the GDrive API to determine if that’s possible: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/reference/rest/v3/files/watch

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey there, @daylinrock ! Thanks for reaching out. I took a quick peek and I might recommend checking out this similar topic:

It appears this may not be possible at the moment with Google’s API but I did go ahead and add your vote as an interested user. If anything changes we’ll shoot you an email! We’ll also keep that main thread updated as well so I might recommend subscribing to it.