Best answer

How can I login as another user?

• 6 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Once someone logins into this forum, there doesn’t appear to be anyway to login as someone else…

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to: https://community.zapier.com/
  2. Click the Login button in the top-right.
  3. If you have ever logged in using this browser, you are automatically logged in as that person.
  4. Click your avatar in the top-right, then click the Log out option.
  5. You are now logged out.
  6. Start at step 2 above.

Expected behavior:

• Somehow, I should be able to “switch user”.

Actual behavior:

• I am automatically logged in again, as the previous user.

While this is extremely convenient, if you are the same person as the last person that logged in, it is actually quite dangerous if you are not…

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 15 July 2020, 00:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @aarontgrogg ,

I think this might have got something to do with your local machine. I haven't seen this issue before. Try using the following and see if that changes something:

• Open an incognito tab, login there, then logout and refresh. Since it's incognito it won't save cookies
  • Or delete all your cookies & cache from your curren browser and try again

Maybe @Zapier wants to say more about it. 

Cheer!

Userlevel 1
Thanks, @ForYourIT.   Exact same behavior in Chrome Incognito and in Firefox…
  1. Click Login,
  2. Use Address1,
  3. Logout,
  4. Click Login,
  5. Automatically logged in as Address1 again,
  6. No way to switch to Address2…
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@aarontgrogg - I use a browser extension called SessionBox to use multiple accounts in any website at the same time, in the same browser and without using Incognito. Check it out, it works great!

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @ikbelkirasan, appreciate the suggestion.

I was kind of hoping the site would fix their own login process, and I wouldn’t need another extension…  ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @aarontgrogg! The suggestion by @ikbelkirasan is a good one, in general, to make it easier to use multiple accounts.

But if you log out of Community then also log out of your Zapier account, the next time you click on “Login” for Community you’ll be able to choose a different account if you’d like. 

It’s similar to how when you try to connect some apps inside of Zapier, it always defaults to the one you’re logged in with and will only allow you to select one if you first log out of that app.

Hope that helps!