Question

How can I load dynamic dropdowns in JotForm based on Airtable data?

• 7 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have a jotform and used On2Air/Airtable for the dynamic dropdown; Select and subselect based on the first dropdown. This feature is being Sunset in On2Air so it will not be available anymore in my form; I have a TON of values in the dropdown so a manual solution is not feasible.

Is it possible to connect JotForm/Airtable to Zapier to load these dynamic dropdowns? It’s a Member list and then based off what member you choose, it shows the addresses associated with that Member.  I was also using AirTable to store the values since there were so many. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks everyone!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lflynn72 

Good question.

Try using Fillout.com instead of Jotform.

Fillout works with Airtable.

There is no JotForm integration that I see so I don’t think that will work. We already pay for JotForm so I don’t want to use yet another form software. Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @lflynn72,

We do support Jotform as one of our supported apps: https://zapier.com/apps/jotform/integrations.

My general idea of your Zap setup would be:

1. Trigger: Airtable - New or Updated Record
  2. Action: Jotform - Create New Submission

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thanks, I want to pre-populate the dropdowns in JotForm from Airtable, how does the Action new submission work to populate a dropdown list? I just don’t know how to go about doing this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @lflynn72,

Thanks for the update.

I apologize for my previous response. haven't had much experience with Jotform myself. Did you get a chance to set up the Zap as I suggested? If you're still having trouble, we do have a directory of certified Zapier Experts who can help you streamline your workflow.

You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts.