Best answer

How can I limit the number of WordPress posts pulled daily by a Zap to avoid spam flags?

• 15 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I see several posts about limiting the number of times a zap runs, but I want to only pull X number of posts from wordpress per day.  This might be 1 or might be 2, but currently there could be more which isn’t my goal.  This should be the X number of most recent posts that haven’t already been pulled.  They go to social media and I need this limited partly because of reducing the possibility of Instagram marking my posts as spam.

How does this work in Zapier?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 December 2023, 20:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @steve_AWN 

You can log the posts in an app like Airtable.

Then you can configure separate logic to pull posts from Airtable and publish.

Perhaps check out these apps:

Badge +1

Thanks again, @Troy Tessalone  

Would this be the same with Google Sheets instead of Airtable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@steve_AWN 

GSheets can also be used as a lookup table.

Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you very much.  I have come up with a way that I think works whereby a row in a google spreadsheet is created with data from the post and adding some formulas to count records which are used as part of a filter in a later Zapier step.  When it reaches that step the flow determines whether or not to proceed based on the value in the row which relates to the post the flow is currently processing.  I think there may be some flaws in the data to reach my ultimate goal but this test was successful, so good that I proved how it can work.  Thank you!