Best answer

How can I limit the number of feed updates/items to my social accounts?

• 22 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I am testing the RSS feature, but the problem is that I do not see any way to control how many updates I want posting from each feed per day and per update. I need a way to control/limit the amount of RSS feed items updates to my social accounts - else it will just go overboard and post too many items at once. And yes, I have read similar threads but they are a year or more old and no one is responding, so I decided to post my own thread concerning this. This needs to be address or this RSS updates could cause more harm than good.

icon

Best answer by Jillian 25 April 2022, 14:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Multimastery! A totally logical request. I’ve definitely come across some RSS feeds that were a little bit too active. Way too much!

My peer Nick wrote a really excellent article about a year ago about limiting how often a Zap runs in a set amount of time. I’d recommending checking it out as it should work for your use case: 

Another option would be to look into Schedule by Zapier. If you know the RSS feed is very active throughout the day (and therefore repeats are unlikely) and you don’t want to have your social media active in just one part of the day, you could set it to trigger on a schedule instead of each time the RSS updates.

Let us know what you end up doing!

I’m not sure that answered the question, or at least it didn’t answer my similar question.

Lets say my feed puts out 10 posts a day. I would like to create another feed that is a subset of that feed but only contains the first 2 or 3 posts per day from the original feed.

I will use this new feed in an autopost scheduler like Hootsuite.