Question

How can I keep track of complex Zaps with multiple paths and filters?

• 24 July 2023
  • 1 reply

We use Zapier for a variety of web-to-lead functions (Zapier Parser, ConvertFlow, TypeForm) which log customer details in our CRM (Close.io) and send different different sales sequences to leads, depending on their web form responses, what page they were navigating, etc. We use Zapier paths and filters extensively to make this work. 

We currently have 5-6 different zaps all filtering leads from our website into this process, and the complexity of the filters and paths keeps on growing and growing. It’s getting hard to keep track of. I’m seeking assistance - ideas and tools for how to keep track of this mess of zaps, conditions, filters, etc. For example:

• It would be great to have a tool that helped me to keep track of which combinations of different web form selections and other conditions are generating which results (i.e. which email is sent, which CRM fields are completed). I’d use this to test out the logic of a zap structure prior to building and testing it in Zapier, which can take a while. I’d also use it to identify logical conditions that aren’t yet accounted for in our zap structure. 
  • I’m also seeking to reduce the number of paths I have, and hoping that learning more about some of the Zap built-in functions (like lookup tables, sub-zaps, etc. 

Any thoughts and help would be so appreciated! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ivytutors 

Good question.

Resource about lookup tables:

If you have shared actions across Zaps, then you can use Webhooks to chain Zaps together for reusable automations:

• MANY:1
  • 1:MANY
  • 1:1

If you are interested, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert audit your Zaps and provide optimization recommendations: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace