Question

How can I integrate an approval button in emails that would trigger a zap ?

• 4 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Is there any way to integrate an approval button in emails that would trigger a zap ?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @vlsepd 

Which email app are you trying to use?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @vlsepd, why do you need it in the email? What’s the email containing as content?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@vlsepd 

Links in emails need to redirect somewhere.

Webhooks can be used as a link, but that is not a good user experiences as you can’t control the redirect.

Hi Troy, Iliyan, 

Thank you for your quick answers,

We would be sending mails with gmail. These emails would contain information regarding a specific purchase order request as text (that would be fed into them from a fillout form connected to zapier).

So if I understand, I’d have to include a specific link in each email that would change the status of purchase order requests? Do you have any examples of zaps that work like this?

I was thinking of connecting the zap to notion where there is a nice kanban view. Could clicking a specific link vs another mean that the request (page in notion) is attributed a new status (approved vs rejected for instance).

If you have any idea of how I can do this please share,

All the best,

Vincent

Userlevel 1
Badge

@vlsepd 

What you can do in this regard is the following:

1. Have a Zap that triggers when the form entry is filled out (with the text).
  2. Add Notion  Action - Find Database Item (that’s for finding the specific kanban card in the view)
  3. Add Notion Action - Update Database Item (to update the kanban card with the status approved or rejected and etc.)

From what I understand, these are the fundamental things you need.

You don’t need an approval button to be included in the email once you have a form.

Hi Iliyan,

Thank you for your reply,

What you describe is something that I have already managed to do.

I already have a zap that activates when an entry is filled out and sends a mail (or in another zap, a slack message) to the manager mentioned in the form. I have already linked it to Notion so all good on that end.

What I am looking to do is set up a zap that starts when a button (basically a link) in the first email sent is clicked, there could be multiple buttons / links for different types of statuses (approved, rejected). Then depending on the link clicked, the notion database would be updated accordingly (which I have already managed to do with Slack).

What I am missing is this button / link in the email which would activate a new zap.

Is this something possible?

Thank you for your time,

Vincent

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@vlsepd 

Webhooks can be used as a link, but that is not a good user experiences as you can’t control the redirect.