Question

How can I integrate a Zapier Chatbot with WooCommerce to deduct points per message?

• 13 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello Community!

I use ChatBot from zapier. I created it in the interface and it works as it should. I moved it to my website via html code.
I would like to upload WooCoomerce to the website and create a system with virtual currency.
Is there any chance to integrate a chatbot so that points are deducted from the user's account every time a message is sent?
I am willing to pay for help or for writing such a script/plugin

Regards!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @shevczulak, welcome to the Community! 👋

That’s a great question! There isn’t a trigger for Interfaces that looks like it would run when the user sends a message but you could trigger a Zap if they click on a specific button, does that help?

The Update Customer (WooCommerce) action has the ability for you to update a Meta data field:

ca70db7fd9b2dc649114396b51f388b7.png

So you could potentially use that field to add the new points value and not need to write a script/plugin for this. 

In order for the Zap to know what new points value to set you’d likely need to use a Find Customer (WooCommerce) action to get their current points value. Then use a Formatter (Numbers > Spreadsheet-Style Formula) action to subtract the necessary amount from the current points value to get the new points value. 

Here’s an outline of the workflow I’m picturing:

• Trigger: Chatbot Button Click (Interfaces) - runs when the user clicks a specific button.
  • Action: Find Customer (WooCommerce) - searches for customer using email address supplied by Interfaces trigger. See: Search for existing data in Zaps
  • Action: Numbers > Spreadsheet-Style Formula (Formatter) action - uses formula to calculate new points value. See: Use spreadsheet-style formula functions in Zaps
  • Action: Update Customer (WooCommerce) - updates customer that was found (use the Custom value option to select the Customer ID output by Find Customer action to reference the correct customer).

Do you think that approach could work? If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do or you run into any issues in setting this up just let us know. Always happy to help further!

I think it will be helpfull, but for now i have other problem :)

I can’t connect Zapier to my WooCommerce site. 

I have to buy special plugin zapier for woocommerce for 79$ for year?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad that was helpful @shevczulak! 🤗

Ah yes, that’s correct. A requirement of using the WooCommerce app on Zapier is to purchase their WooCommerce Zapier plugin. Sorry about that. It appears that they have a 30-day money-back guarantee so you could potentially try it out and if it doesn’t work out it, then get the cost of it refunded:
492bdd82e6b47b073dece5e43c790722.png

You can read more about their refund policy here: https://woo.com/refund-policy/

Not an ideal answer here I know but I hope that helps. Let me know if I can assist with anything else! 🙂