Question

How can I instantly display new photos on Webflow from Google Drive or AWS S3 in 10 seconds or less?

• 22 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

Im working on a project where i have to display every new files from a specific folder to Webflow.
Those files are photos, their sizes is 500ko, which is already compress.

So i tried to trigger Google Drive (every new file in specific folder)

And also tried with AWS S3 (every new file created into a bucket)

In the goal to retrieve each new photo and displaying on Webflow instantly.

Both of thoses process took 30sec for 1 photo to being displayed.
Is there any way to make it faster, like 10 sec?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @helene! 🙂

I’m not sure if you’d be able to decrease the upload speed. I’d think it depends on other factors too, not just the file size. For instance the speed at which the information is send and received between the different app’s servers and whether the server is experiencing a heavy load of requests. Even if it’s not a heavy load of requests if an app is handling a lot of requests at the same time at which the Zap is send/requesting information, that can slow things down somewhat.

Compressing the photos so that they are smaller in size a good way to help reduce the time it takes to send the photos over, but it won’t necessarily guarantee that it will always be uploaded in a set amount of time. As requests are sent back and forth between different servers the time it takes to upload the files may vary each time, sometimes it will be quicker and sometimes slower. 

If you’re able to reduce the images further does that get you closer to the ideal 10 second loading time or is it still around 30 seconds?