Skip to main content
Question

How can I import order items (SKUs) from Shopify to MySQL?

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am pretty sure this question is asked multiple times per day, but I can’t find a solution.

How can I import order items (SKUs) from Shopify to MySQL?

Previously, I used Google Spreadsheets as a database, and it supports creating multiple spreadsheet rows and line item support. What tool should I use to implement the same functionality between Shopify and MySQL or other apps that don’t support it?

Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pro100bear 

You can use the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @pro100bear 👋

Did you manage to import those order items by using the Looping by Zapier app as Troy suggested? 

Let us know whether you’re in need of any further help on this at all, want to ensure you’re all set! 🙂 

Hi @pro100bear 👋

Did you manage to import those order items by using the Looping by Zapier app as Troy suggested? 

Let us know whether you’re in need of any further help on this at all, want to ensure you’re all set! 🙂 

Hi there,

No, I did not. I was thinking maybe there is an easier way to do it… I don’t want to overcomplicate this zap. Am I right there is absolutely no way to make Zapier thread Shopify data like .csv data?

There is a chance I would just end up with using Google Spreadsheet as a bridge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @pro100bear,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Here’s how I see your Zap:

1. Trigger: Shopify - New Order
  2. Action: MySQL - New Row

Additionally, if your orders contain multiple line items, you may need to use the Looping by Zapier to handle them properly. This feature allows you to iterate through each line item and insert them separately into your MySQL database.

If this doesn’t work, the Google Sheets workaround is probably the best way to achieve your workflow.

Hopefully, this helps.