Best answer

How can I have Alexa append and respond to a note to an existing Section in OneNote?

I’ve been trying for a week (not the whole time) to create a Zap allowing me to have Alexa append a note to an existing Section.  None of the tests worked and one I published doesn’t work.

A few questions about the process.

Under “Accounts,” I show two - email@ISP.com and email@ISP.com 2.  Both should access the same Onenote acct.  They don’t.  Each account shows different folders.  Neither shows the folders associated with the account email.  Oh, they show 2-3 out of 7, but leave some out, add some from other accounts, and show duplicates of some folders.  Within folders, some sections are missing.

My goal is to say ‘Alexa, open Zapier and append a note to Shopping.’  No tests work.  Alexa responds to my one published Zap with nothing or something similar to ‘can’t find the folder.’  Where can I find instructions how to create a Onenote Zap?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 14 July 2022, 21:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @JLunis! Thanks for swinging by and I’m sorry to hear you’re running into this!

Are you familiar if the folders not populating are shared folders by chance? If so, these aren’t currently supported in the OneNote app. 😔 There is an open feature request however that I’m happy to add you to!

If they’re not shared, keep us posted! Happy to continue digging into this with you.

You’re right.  Shared folder.

I’ll try Microsoft To Do and see if I have better luck.

BTW, ‘Alexa, ask Zapier to trigger a zap” followed by, I guess, ‘Add a reminder in Microsoft To Do,’ followed by, I guess, pick up car at 4:00.’ is a lot of talking.  Any way to say, for example, ‘Alexa, send a Zap to Microsoft To Do?’

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you familiar if the folders not populating are shared folders by chance? If so, these aren’t currently supported in the OneNote app. 😔

You’re right.  Shared folder.

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for confirming that, @JLunis. I’ll go ahead and get your vote added to the feature request for adding support to shared folders/notebooks.

While I can’t offer an ETA on when or if this will get implemented this will at least allow us to track interest and keep you in the loop if anything changes. We’ll also be sure to keep the topic updated as well. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

BTW, ‘Alexa, ask Zapier to trigger a zap” followed by, I guess, ‘Add a reminder in Microsoft To Do,’ followed by, I guess, pick up car at 4:00.’ is a lot of talking.  Any way to say, for example, ‘Alexa, send a Zap to Microsoft To Do?’

Great question, @JLunis! Since this is regarding a separate app, do you mind creating a new topic?

Normally I’d go ahead and do it for ya but didn’t want to lose the whole comment entirely.🙃

Thanks so much!