Skip to main content
Best answer

How can I grab title data from WP Forms?

• 21 February 2024
  • 9 replies

I’ve created a zap to grab data from WP Forms and send it to our task management software.

Everything works perfectly, except I can’t seem to grab the title of the form in WP Forms. We have many forms, and the title is how we differentiate what the task is. Is there a way I can grab the form title, or alternatively add some type of “read-only” data in the form where I could place the title, that can be pulled?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sam-sabin 

For us to have more context, post screenshots of the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step.

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy, thanks for reaching out. Where do I go to see the “DATA OUT” section?

In the meantime, I did find a workaround. You can add a hidden field to WP Forms that can contain any read-only data. You can also add the {form_name} field to that section and then you don’t have to add the title separately for each form(so you could safely duplicate a form while preserving the functionality).

Obviously I’d rather that I could just use the title so I don’t have to go back and edit every form(we have quite a lot), but it does work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sam-sabin 

DATA OUT would be in the Zap trigger step ‘Test’ section.

Userlevel 1

Ohhh, gotcha. I can’t show that because it has some revealing information about our specific use-case and company information. But I’m successfully pulling the form id, and all of the form fields. The problem is that the title is just not one of those fields offered, and any read-only stuff like “Content” field doesn’t show up in Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sam-sabin 

Some Fields Don't Come Through From the Form

If you're not seeing data from all of the fields that have been filled in (or even seeing that the field exists), please check to see if you have any add-ons for WPForms.
One plugin that was found to conflict (apparently discontinued on March 19, 2019) is Fancy Fields For WPForms Lite Plugin Including File Upload.
When used in conjunction with the upgraded version of WPForms, it caused certain fields to not make it to Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sam-sabin 

Possible workaround is to use Webhooks: https://wpforms.com/addons/webhooks-addon/

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

That should allow you to configure in WPForms which data points are sent.

Userlevel 1

I definitely don’t have that plugin add-on that could be conflicting, but I’ll take a look at the Webhook option. Thanks so much for all your help!

Userlevel 1

For anyone else wondering how to solve this problem, you can add a hidden field that pulls the title form data and include that with the data to Zapier. This seems like a bit of an oversight with WP Forms but this workaround works just fine for a few forms. If you have a lot of forms maybe other options would be needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @sam-sabin! Thanks for sharing the solution here. This will be helpful to our Community members who might have a similar issue.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗