Skip to main content
Best answer

How can I get the last record of a Zapier Table?

How can i get the last record of a zapier table? I cant see an task in the Zapier Table Action for that...

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @fiscozen 

You would need a field to search by that indicates it’s the last record.

Zapier Tables doesn’t support a search query language.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @fiscozen! 🎉

Troy is correct, there isn’t a way to set a search action automatically find the last record in the table at the moment. I’d suggest submitting a feature request for that here so the team can look into getting that added!  

As a workaround, you could add a hidden field to the table called “Last Record” for example. Then set up a Zap to automatically update that field when a new record is added, like so:

• Trigger: New Record (Zapier Tables) - runs when a new record is added.
  • Action: Find Record (Zapier Tables) - searches the table  for a record containing the value “true” in the Last Record field.
  • Action: Update Record (Zapier Tables) - updated the record that was found (uses the record ID from the Find Record action for the Record ID) to change it to “false”.
  • Action: Update Record (Zapier Tables) - updates the record that was added (uses the record ID from the New Record trigger for the Record ID) to change it to “true”.

Then in the Zap that you want to use to obtain the last record, you would use another Find Record action to search for the record that contains the value “true” in it’s Last Record field. That should allow the Zap to find the last record added to the table.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions do let us know! 🙂