Question

How can I get the ChatGPT response to go to the same Slack channel as the question?

• 8 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Zap that sends a Slack message to ChatGPT but I can’t find where the response goes?  How can I get the ChatGPT response to go to the same Slack channel as the question?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @asmiley, welcome to the Community! 👋

The response should be being output by the ChatGPT action as a separate field which you can then select in a Slack Send Channel Message action. When you test that ChatGPT action can you see anything in the fields that are returned that look like a response to question it was sent?

To ensure that the message is added to the same thread on the Thread field (in the Slack action) you’ll want to choose the Custom value option. Then you’d need to select the timestamp (Ts) of the parent message from the Slack trigger. If you’ve not worked with custom values before I’d recommend checking out the Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps guide for more details.

Eager to ensure you’re all set here so please do keep us updated on how you get on with this!