Best answer

How can I get Quickbook Line Items into Google Calendar?

• 10 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I want to create a Google Calendar Detailed Event description field containing some of the line item fields from a Quickbooks online invoice.

Quickbooks is sending me a line item variable for each field:

Since Google Calendar doesn’t support line items, how can I combine these fields and add them all to my calendar description field? I managed to have Zapier output selected fields to a Google sheet like thus:

But when I try to use this in the calendar step it only has input data options for the first row created:

There can be a variable amount of line items in each invoice (won’t always be 3). Google sheets isn’t necessarily required if there is another way of getting this done.

Help is much appreciated!

icon

Best answer by briansballoons 10 September 2020, 22:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try this App: Formatter - Utilities - Line Itemizer

Article: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-line-items-in-zaps#line-itemizer

Userlevel 3
Badge

The Line Itemizer still isn’t quite what I needed as it still just creates separate line item lists for each field. Perhaps I’m not using in correctly.

I did stumble upon a solution that works, though. Apparently you can add multiple line items to the Line-item to text function, and then separate them. I can’t quite wrap my head around WHY it works... but it does what I need!

That gives me this output:

Then I use a Formatter Text Replace function to strip out the remaining commas and I’m good to go.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@briansballoons that’s great news! Thanks for sharing how you solved this one!