Best answer

How can I get data not in JSON format when sending data from Google Sheets to SuiteDash?

• 24 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello , i have a little problem and would like to get help , the problem is when i use Schedule to automate getting data from google sheets and send the received data to SuiteDash , in action google sheets i select event “Get many spreadSheet Rows” and  i am getting data in a array in json format with key and value , how can I get data not in json format ? , because I can't exploit the data in json format to populate fields .

Any help or ideas? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 July 2022, 12:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @immoinov.fr 

Good question.

Try the GSheet Find Row(s) Zap action, but that will only return 10 rows MAX.

A better alternative is to use Airtable.

Airtable has APIs that can return up to 100 records per page.

https://airtable.com/api

Userlevel 1

Hey @Troy Tessalone !

Thank you very much for your quick reply , i gonna try do this with Airtable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @immoinov.fr! Just checking in: How did things go with Airtable? Were you able to get to your desired outcome here? We’re also big fans of Airtable so I am curious to see how you’re doing with getting things set up there. Let us know!

Userlevel 1

Hey @jesse end @Troy Tessalone Thank you for your replied,

for explaining the situation, we have created a robot that will scrap the information that will be stored in a google sheet and re-display the information in suitedash to each customer, now the problem is that I would like to automate all this and suitedash uses zapier to retrieve the data, but each time I put the "schelude" trigger + google sheet the information does not come out when json and when I put the data in json in suitedash, the data is displayed in json. Is there a way that my data does not come out in json?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @immoinov.fr thanks for elaborating! Hmm, I’m actually not sure on this one. Any ideas, @Troy Tessalone

@immoinov.fr you might also want to create a ticket with our support team as they may be able to dig into this one a bit further and offer some suggestions: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Keep us posted with if you’re able to get that data to output in non-JSON format!

Userlevel 1

Hey @jesse , thanks for your reply , I already created a ticket 2 weeks ago, but  I did not receive any response from your team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh no, @immoinov.fr! I’m sorry to hear that! Did you send it from the email associated with your community account? If you did, I don’t see an associated ticket with it unfortunately. 😔

If you did and you’re still not seeing a response, I might recommend checking your spam/junk folder in case it’s ended up there by mistake. If it's not there I recommend searching your whole email inbox for emails ending in ‘@zapier.com’. 

Please keep us posted! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @immoinov.fr!

Just checking back in on this one! As @christina.d mentioned, we don’t seem to have a ticket from the email address associated with your Zapier Community account, so unless you sent the request from a different email address, you may need to send the ticket again if you still need some additional help. 

I also want to call back to @Troy Tessalone’s response here, because he’s right on the money. If you use the ‘Find Many Spreadsheet Rows’ search instead of ‘Get Many Spreadsheet Rows’, the information from Google Sheets will be returned as line items, rather than JSON. The limit with that action is that it can only return up to 10 rows that match the search. If you have more than 10 rows that might match, then you will need to use the Get Many Spreadsheet Rows action and then use a code step to parse the data in a way that will work for Suitdash. 

So to sum up: if you have less than 10 rows, use Find Many Spreadsheet Rows, if you have more than 10 rows you’ll need to stick with the ‘Get’ search and add a step to format the data in the way that you need it. 

I hope that helps, let us know if you have any questions!