Best answer

How can I find an invoice in Xero when all I've got is the Xero contact name?

• 26 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Using my trigger data, I’m able to find the correct contact in Xero. However, after that I want to find the contact’s oldest outstanding invoice. There’s no trigger data from the Find Contact step that’ll trigger the Find Invoice step. Any suggestions?

My workflow is: data pasted into G sheet > Find Xero Contact using G sheet data > Find Invoice using 🤷🏻‍♂️ > Add payment to invoice using data from G sheet.

It’s really straightforward but I can’t think of a way to look up the invoice. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks :)

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 September 2023, 05:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @fredsucksatcoding 

Good question.

If you have all the Xero invoices logged somewhere (e.g. GSheet), then you can search that.

Otherwise, it will likely involve using the Xero API: https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/accounting/overview

Try this Zap action which has an AI assist to help configure.

Userlevel 1

Awesome, thanks @Troy Tessalone 🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @fredsucksatcoding! Shoutout to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗