Best answer

How can I extract only newly added rows from Google Sheets and summarize them with GPT?

• 3 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I am trying to find the right approach of extracting the information from all rows of a Google Sheet that were added through another zap in the past week. Then, ChatGPT should summarize those newly added rows (or at least one column of the rows), and send it via slack to a channel. 

My Google Sheet contains a column with a formula that says “TRUE” if the row was added in past week, and “FALSE” if it was added before the past week. I wanted to take this column as a lookup value, but it does not work because it cannot find any values - probably because the cell value is a formula, and not “TRUE” or “FALSE” as string? 

What’s the best way to achieve this?

Then, I would need to feed the input of several cells at once to gpt → Because I want it to summarize all cells at once, and not cell by cell. How can I achieve this?

I also tried it with Zapier tables but I couldn’t find a formula that would change the cell values dynamically with the logic “Say ‘True’ if the row was added before last Monday and upcoming Monday from today’s date”).

icon

Best answer by Tim_wienboeker 7 November 2023, 14:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tim_wienboeker 

Good question.

How many records can be added to the GSheet within the week?

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

We would need to see screenshots with how your GSheet is configured. (top few rows)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone

thanks for your feedback. 

• Per week, I would estimate that not more than 20 new entries/rows would be added. 
  • Here is a screenshot of the G-Sheet: 
  • I deleted my previous zap trials - nothing to showcase yet therefore. Happy to start playing around more with it
Userlevel 1

Solved it like this: 

• In G-Sheet, I have two sheets:
    • one with all updates and a column whether the info was added within past week (False = older than a week, True = within last week). 
      • Used this formula for column A in zap. {{zap_meta_human_now}} is taking today’s date and time. G-Sheet then checks whether that date when the column was added is between last Monday 7am and next Monday 7am (from TODAY()) → so it checks whether the update was added within last week.

=AND(DATEVALUE(LEFT("zap_meta_human_now: MM/DD/YY hh:mmAM/PM", FIND(" ", "{{zap_meta_human_now}}") - 1)) + TIMEVALUE(MID("{{zap_meta_human_now}}", FIND(" ", "{{zap_meta_human_now}}") + 1, LEN("{{zap_meta_human_now}}"))) >= (TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY() - 1, 2) - 1 + TIME(7, 0, 0)), DATEVALUE(LEFT("{{zap_meta_human_now}}", FIND(" ", "{{zap_meta_human_now}}") - 1)) + TIMEVALUE(MID("{{zap_meta_human_now}}", FIND(" ", "{{zap_meta_human_now}}") + 1, LEN("{{zap_meta_human_now}}"))) < (TODAY() + (8 - WEEKDAY(TODAY(), 2)) + TIME(7, 0, 0)))

• The other Sheet uses this formula to only show entries from competitors from within last week:
      =QUERY(All_Summaries!A:E, "SELECT * WHERE A = FALSE")

• I then let Zapier look for all G-Sheets column in that second sheet and return them, let them summarize with ChatGPT and send the summary via Slack.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Tim_wienboeker! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

Also, thank you for sharing the solution here. This will be helpful to our other amazing Community members who might have the same question.