Question

How can I extract Gmail data to create lead in Sierra Interactive?

• 2 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! 

I am trying to create an integration to take the data out of a gmail email and send it to sierra interactive. ​​​​​​ I have a couple of questions that you friendly folks might be able to answer! I understand zapier but this is my first time setting one up. 

1. I am using the direct integration setup which is “Create lead in Sierra Interactive when new email in Gmail” Is this the best Zap to use?
  2. On the integration for Sierra Interactive it says “user password” we don’t have users logging in for what we need, is there a work around for this?
  3. I think this was mentioned in another post is that I may not have the email for this person. When manually creating a lead I will add in a dummy email for the time being, what do people recommend for this?

I appreciate any help I can get on this and I am willing to do some work arounds etc. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

HI @sabrenaf 

Good questions.

1. I am using the direct integration setup which is “Create lead in Sierra Interactive when new email in Gmail” Is this the best Zap to use?
    1. That will depend on which app is sending the email as there may be ways to avoid having to do email parsing.
    2. If you need to do email parsing, then these are options:
      1. Mailparser
      2. ChatGPT - Extract Structured Data
      3. Code (JavaScript)
  2. On the integration for Sierra Interactive it says “user password” we don’t have users logging in for what we need, is there a work around for this?
    1. Is that a required field?
    2. Post a screenshot of the Zap step.
  3. I think this was mentioned in another post is that I may not have the email for this person. When manually creating a lead I will add in a dummy email for the time being, what do people recommend for this?
    1. If you are collecting phone number, then you can use the phone number as the username part of an email address.
    2. You can use a UNIX timestamp as the username of an email to create a unique email.
      1. https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you so much! I will look into this! I reached out Sierra Interactive for the password and it is required. They told me to use the persons phone number as their default password which is the standard for what they do when a new lead is added. 

It sounds like I will have to do email parsing. I will look into mailparser and chatgpt to see which is better for what we are looking to do.

The email thing has been such a pain to figure out so I really appreciate your insight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sabrenaf 

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace