Skip to main content

I am trying to set up a zap to pull some information from the body of emails it receives. This particular kind of alert email follows a fairly static structure, and one of the pieces of information I want is always the 6th line of the email.

Right now I have a Formatter step which uses the Split Text transform against the email body, with [:newline:] as the separator. I have it set to return All as Line Items and when I test it, it properly returns Output with all of the lines of the emails split into separate numbered line entries.

When I try to use the Output of this step in a Path or as the input to another Formatter step, I only get the ability to select the output of the command as a whole. I would like to extract the 6th line item from this output. There are no other easy delimiters or patterns I can use to Split against. When I try to use some of the other Formatter options available I only have the ability to select the first, second, second last and last entries out of the list.

How do I go about turning the 6th line of this email body into a value I can use as an input for further steps?

Hi @catcc 

Resource for doing email parsing:

@catcc 

If you are using Formatter > Text > Split, then select return all as separate fields to get individual data point variables to map.