Question

How can I ensure that only answered data is included, and empty responses are omitted in the Zendesk ticket creation process?

• 28 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Hello everyone!

I'm integrating Typeform responses into Zendesk tickets, but I need the ticket creation to exclude any empty responses. Currently, I'm constructing the Zendesk ticket as a public comment using HTML to map out the questions and answers. However, the static HTML box includes all responses by default, including empty data. How can I ensure that only answered data is included, and empty responses are omitted in the Zendesk ticket creation process?

As you can see here, since no answer in Power pack troubleshoot was submitted I’d like the ticket to not include that data. 

This is how the responses get populated on Typeform. I’d like to have something similar on a zendesk ticket 

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Graziano 

You may have to explore using a Code step to do that type of logic to prep the HTML for use in the Zendesk action.

Userlevel 1

I don’t know if it’s something Typeform/Zapier is technically able to do, Code or not.  If it is, I’m for a loss, too.  I’ve been trying to get to the bottom of this question for a couple weeks, now.

My problem is so similar.  I have a list of formatted Typeform fields put into an Asana task list using responses from the Typeform trigger, but don’t know how to omit non-answers (and the text before it) from said formatting.

I wonder if we have to add a table or something...

Please please please tell me if you find a go-around.  I’m wondering if we just have to think outside of the box on Typeform formatting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Crossing Church and @Graziano 

Possible guidance:

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Thank you everyone! What I wonder is, is there not a condition to say “If this data is empty do not show in the Zendesk ticket? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Graziano 

Functionality for inline conditions do not exist yet.

Userlevel 1

@Graziano

Functionality for inline conditions do not exist yet.

Is that something that Zapier would potentially need to help with or is it a Typeform API thing?

… or both?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Crossing Church 

Functionality for inline conditions would be for Zapier to address.

Zapier makes other apps available to do that, so I don’t expect updates related to that any time soon.

Try these apps:

• Formatter
  • Code

@Troy Tessalone Thanks for this! Sorry to stress you out so you think is something that can be achieved through some specific coding?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Graziano 

Code step can be used for that logic: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Userlevel 1

@Graziano

Code step can be used for that logic: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Oh, man.  I think if we knew Javascript/Python coding, most of us novices wouldn’t be using Zapier! 🤣

I’m guessing this isn’t an easy thing to execute.  And hiring a developer doesn’t help because if we ever want to change it, then we’d have to hire for every subsequent change.

Now that Zapier’s Markdown to HTML doesn’t work with Asana descriptions, I’m at my wits’ end.

I wish there was a simpler/easier way.