Skip to main content
Question

How can I download a file from Google Drive using the data from Google Forms?

Hi everyone, I just started on ZAPIER and I think it’s possible to do that but I don’t get it. 

I would to trigger the download with a google form where the “good filename” is wrote. 

Please help me 😅

thanks

Théo 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,
Yes u can u need call file url with zapier webhook GET request.

Thanks for your reply. 

Mmmh GET ? 

I don’t know where is it ? 

google FORM => Google Drive => GET 

or 

google form => [GET] google drive

I’m sorry I’m just a noob 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Or U can use Google Drive" app here In the "Set up action" section, set the action to "Download File". Enter the file ID and filename(that will get from formatter module of zap) from the previous steps.
Regards
Sam

Oh thank you a lot ! 

Last question, I see it’s not free, there is no other free way ?

Userlevel 1

yes u can

Userlevel 1

it up to u

yes u can

How ? Cause there is more than 1 step and it’s not free for it

Sorry, I get it but it doesn’t works 😥

I can’t download the photo

There is my zap. 

I don’t know where I have to order the “filname” from the form. 

on Query String Parameters / Additional Request Headers / Body ?

To be more clear, I’m photographer and I need to make that for my photo studio services, I want the public to be able to directly download the photos with a Google form and to find the right photo with the right name entered in the Google form. I would take the photos in my studio, I print the photos with a QR code which links to the Google form and then the ZAP will look for the right photo and send it back by email or download it directly. 

😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Samual.B,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please confirm if the file name is returned in Google Forms? If so, you don’t need to use the API Request (Beta) action for this to be possible. You can use the “Find a File” action for this.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!