Skip to main content

Hi All - Getting to know Zapier and loving it but I have a quick question.  I am wanting to create a new checklist on a new card on an existing list in Trello using the line items from a pdf attachment on a new email. I have successfully found the email attachment, created a new card on the existing list on Trello and even named the card using the email attachments file name.  Its all straight forward until I get to the "add a checklist" part.  How do I use the body of the pdf attachment to create the checklist with and how to specify which part of the attachment body I want it to create the checklist with?  Happy to hear its not possible but I'm sure I'm just doing it wrong.  Thanks

Hi there @BTS, welcome to the Community! 👋

You’d need a way of extracting the contents of the PDF. I’ve not tried it myself but you could potentially use an app like Docparser for that. From there you’d likely need to add a loop (Looping by Zapier) action which can then run a Create Checklist Item in Card (Trello) action for each of the necessary items extracted from the PDF. 

Hope that helps to get you started. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions just let us know! 🙂