Question

How can I create a single "super Zap" to pull events from monthly tabs in Google Sheet?

• 17 January 2024
  • 4 replies

We use a shared Google sheet, and each month we add a tab/sheet to the one file — one tab for each month. 

I’ve created a Zap that pulls new events from new rows in Tab 1, and places them in a calendar app. That’s fine. 

My question is: what happens as we add tabs for Feb, March, April… etc into December? 

Do I need to create a new Zap for each new tab? Can I make one “super Zap” for all 12 months? 

Also for bonus points: How do I trigger Zapier to pull in the existing rows, not just new rows created after the Zap was published? 

thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LeeBee 

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views which are segments of data. (sort, filter, group, show/hide fields, reorder fields)

The concept would be to put all the data into 1 Table.

Depending on your data, you would have a field for year and a field for month, OR those 2 fields could be derived via a Formula type field from a Date type field.

You could then create a View to show data grouped by Year/Month, or multiple Views (with data filtered per Year/Month).

This would allow the 1 Zap to be dynamic for all years/months.

And depending on the calendar app you are using, Airtable also has Automations which a native integration with GCal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeeBee 

How do I trigger Zapier to pull in the existing rows, not just new rows created after the Zap was published? 

Existing rows would need to match the Zap trigger conditions. (e.g. GSheets Updated Row, Airtable New/Updated Row - limited to records a View)

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Thank you @Troy Tessalone , however I don’t get to choose the source for the scheduling platform. I’m stuck with Sheets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeeBee 

If you are trying to use different worksheets in a spreadsheet then you will need to use separate Zaps to trigger from those, or go with some advanced GSheet formulas to get the data into 1 MAIN worksheet.